At EBO Financial Education Centre, we know that life is about more than just money… and also that sometimes, individuals and families may find themselves faced with difficult financial situations that affect every part of their daily lives. We fully understand that from time to time, it may be hard to make ends meet.
Through its 40 years’ experience, EBO Centre developed an approach that is the only one of its kind, combining listening, solidarity, support, as well as dispensing relevant advice and information to each and every person using its services.
It is very important that clients develop a sense of ownership regarding their financial situation, which significantly contributes to reducing stress related to money and improving their quality of life.
We strive to provide multiple options to our clients regarding their personal and family finances. We make sure that they feel totally in control of their decisions. Ultimately, it is clients who make their own decisions. Our role is to inform, support and guide them through their reflection.
We strongly believe that there is no better way to take control of one’s financial situation than to establish personal and family budgets that allow clients to clarify their options and priorities, and make the necessary decisions to improve their financial situation. Clients are often surprised at how easy it is to achieve their personal and family goals with proper financial planning.
We work with clients so that they use budget planning and management tools that help them gain perspective and take more informed decisions, allowing them greater peace of mind with regard to their personal and family finances
In a nutshell, our approach is:
- Human and sensitive to the diverse realities of our clientele
- Based on respect for each person’s living conditions and situations
- Focused on individuals’ free choice regarding options made available to them
- Built on a counselling process that is sustained as long as the needs persist
- Focused on participation among clients and volunteers in service evaluation and development
Our experience allows us to confirm that our services undoubtedly have a concrete impact on peoples’ lives. Some examples include:
- Creating a realistic budget that leads to making informed decisions
- Reducing stress related to financial circumstances
- Facilitating a quick turnaround when individuals are faced with urgent situations
- Negotiating with creditors or lenders
- Accessing fiscal advantages and benefits previously untapped
- Gaining more knowledge about governmental programs available to our clientele
- Accessing tools for managing indebtedness and exploitation
- Having multiple options aimed at rectifying a problematic situation
Address:300 Olmstead St, 2nd floor Ottawa, Ontario K1L 7K1