EBO Financial Education Centre (Entraide budgétaire Ottawa)
Job Offer: (Anticipated staffing)
Position: Executive Director
The EBO Financial Education Centre is looking for an Executive Director who will successfully lead its transition to digital services, as well as the implementation of the strategic plan recently approved by the Board of Directors.
The EBO Financial Education Centre is a non-profit organization that serves a clientele composed of socioeconomically vulnerable individuals and families. The Centre’s main objectives are to: a) help clients take charge of their financial situation and gain autonomy; b) fight indebtedness; c) and provide financial education. The Centre’s mandate includes three programs: individual budget counselling, through which clients work with a budget counsellor who supports them in navigating complex budgetary issues; financial education provided to high school students and community groups; and the income tax program, where volunteers help fill thousands of income tax returns every year, thereby allowing low income individuals to access government fiscal benefits.
As an ambassador representing the EBO Financial Education Centre, your role is to:
a) create and promote the Centre’s corporate identity when dealing with governments, institutional and private sectors, as well as community organizations; b) develop partnerships to highlight the Centre’s experience and expertise; and c) ensure the organization’s funding by accessing diverse sources, including from the private and institutional sectors.
The Executive Director is fluently bilingual, oral and written, has significant experience in individual interventions with vulnerable clienteles and/or in adult education. This person has a university degree in social work, facilitation, administration or any other training relevant to the position. An individual with no university training who has considerable experience in a field directly related to the position will also be considered.
Anyone interested in this position firmly believes in the concept of work-life balance.
Knowledge and experience:
• Experience in fundraising and community organization funding, dealing with governments and the private sector;
• Proficiency in social media and digital technology;
• Knowledge of governance and operations of non-profit charitable organizations;
• Knowledge of methods and techniques related to managing non-profit organizations;
• Understanding of issues surrounding indebtedness and poverty;
• Familiarity with Ottawa’s community services network and the Francophone community;
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory duties regarding the use and protection of personal information.
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in partnership;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Ability to work with a vulnerable clientele;
• Diplomacy and discretion;
• Ability to make difficult decisions quickly, and to manage crises;
• Holding a vision linked to the organization’s future.
Remuneration is competitive within the sector. The threshold of the salary scale for this position is $72,000.00.
Deadline for application:
Interested individuals must submit their application, resume and presentation letter, in French, before 5 p.m., on Friday, March 5, 2021, to the attention of the Selection Committee:
EBO Financial Education Centre
300, Olmstead St., 2nd floor
Ottawa ON K1L 7K1
The EBO Centre must safeguard the protection of “vulnerable individuals” in delivering its services. Consequently, the Center has adopted a policy applicable to any individual who interacts with clients on its behalf. The person who will be selected for this position will be required to sign the form Autorisation de vérification de casier judiciaire et consentement developed by the Ottawa-Carleton Regional Police.
Employment location: Ottawa
We thank all of those who apply for this position. We will contact every person who submits an application, whether or not they have been selected for an interview.
Should the individual who will be selected for the position reside outside the Ottawa/Gatineau region, no moving allowance will be provided.