Under the responsibility of the Board of directors and the supervision of the Director, the candidate will work with socioeconomically vulnerable individuals form Eastern Ontario, supporting them in their efforts to take charge of their financial situation and to improve their quality of life.
More specifically, the budget counselor will need to:
- Determine and analyze clients’ personal and financial situation in order to help them in:
- taking charge of their personal finances;
- managing their credit and controlling their indebtedness;
- planning and managing a budget more efficiently.
- Act as a mediator with creditors such as collection agencies, the Canada Revenue Agency, landlords or utilities (e.g. Bell Canada)
- Intervene in the context of a financial crisis;
- Do research on services provided to low-income individuals;
- Support low-income individuals in filling out and submitting their income tax returns;
- Develop and deliver financial education workshops.
- English and French, written and spoken;
- Completed bachelor’s degree in social sciences, social work, psychology, or a college degree in social work combined with training in financial planning and/or at least two years’ experience in a related field;
- Experience in financial planning, specifically as related to personal budgeting, indebtedness (credit) and income tax;
- Experience in delivering services to clients from community services;
- Experience in personalized intervention and in crises situations;
- Ability to work with a small team, under minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of social and community services in Eastern Ontario.
Starting at $21.97 per hour, in compliance with the current remuneration policy, in addition to social benefits.
Interested individuals must submit their resume, in French, as well as a presentation letter, ATTN. OF:
EBO Financial Education Centre
300, Olmstead St., 2nd floor
Ottawa (ON) K1L 7K1
Fax: (613) 746-9284 Email: email@example.com
Work Location: Eastern Ontario
We thank all of those who apply but only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.